Dior presents a selection of Delectable Books
Holding the promise of adventure and escape, books are priceless objects of dreams, where art, imagination and reality meet. At this trying time, Dior brings you a selection of ten books to take you on a timeless journey celebrating the magic of couture.
First, immerse yourself in the personal story of Monsieur Dior by reading his fascinating autobiography, Dior by Dior, before setting off to meet his talented successors through four exceptional anthologies*.
Let yourself be carried away by the magic of the Maison’s heritage, brought into focus by the greatest fashion photographers thanks to Dior: New Looks, but also to Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams, which explores the spellbinding secrets of the unique exhibition. Finally, discover the vibrant, captivating work of Peter Lindbergh in Dior/Lindbergh on the bustling streets of New York, of Nikolai von Bismarck in The Dior Sessions, and of Paolo Roversi in Dior Images.
A wealth of reading material to inspire and astonish, leading you behind the scenes of a world of elegance and beauty, in the comfort of your home. Take care of yourself!
– Dior by Dior (V&A Publishing)
– Dior by Christian Dior (Assouline) – text Olivier Saillard
– Dior by Yves Saint Laurent (Assouline) – text Laurence Benaïm
– Dior by Marc Bohan (Assouline) – text Jérôme Hanover
– Dior by Gianfranco Ferré (Assouline) – text Alexander Fury
– Dior: New Looks (Thames & Hudson) – text Jérôme Gautier
– Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams (Thames & Hudson) – texts Olivier Gabet, Florence Müller, Jérôme Gautier, Patrick Mauriès, and others
– Dior/Lindbergh (Taschen) – text Martin Harrison
– The Dior Sessions (Rizzoli) – text Alexander Fury
– Dior Images: Paolo Roversi (Rizzoli) – text Emanuele Cocci
*From Dior by Christian Dior to Dior by Gianfranco Ferré, with Dior by Yves Saint Laurent and Dior by Marc Bohan.
Credits: © Courtesy of Christian Dior Couture Pr